We will be closed Wednesday, July 4th. Regular hours resume Thursday, July 5th. Have a safe and happy holiday!
“Taste of Lisbon-Mount Vernon” this Saturday!
Reserve your tickets by Wednesday, June 20th for this exciting new SELCC fundraiser. Join us Saturday from 5:00-7:00 p.m. to sample specialties from more than 20 local restaurants and food establishments. Bring your appetite, and a friend or two! Tickets are $20 and available through advance sales only. Give us a call to reserve yours today!
Local Artist Q & A: Nina Scott
If you’ve stopped in to SELCC lately you’ve seen Nina’s works gracing our walls. Join us on Monday, June 25th at 1:00 for an informal Q & A with Nina. Learn about her creative process and enjoy some light refreshments.
On-going Summer Events
Free Movies! We’re partnering with Lisbon Library to show family-friendly movies every Wednesday at 1:00. Popcorn and drinks will be served to everyone in attendance. Come cool off and enjoy a fun movie! The movie for Wednesday, June 20th is the classic ‘Mary Poppins’.
After School Cafe continues on Thursdays from 2-4:30. Students ages 9 and up are welcome to join us for enrichment activities and snacks.
Wow, the Be Originals 4-H Club has been busy lately! They worked hard on a hot day to refresh the landscaping here at SELCC. The flowers look great!
This weekend they tried a new activity – a scavenger hunt through Lisbon. They collected over 200 items for the food pantry!
We are so grateful for this club’s hard work and dedication to serving our community!
Come join our team as the Client Service Coordinator. This position is for 25 hours a week. Please send cover letter and resume via email or mail to: PO Box 511 Lisbon, IA 52253. SELCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Client Service Coordinator Job Description
The Client Service Coordinator assists with the delivery of all services provided within Southeast Linn Community Center as assigned by the Executive Director. The Client Service Coordinator supervises volunteers and manages the following programs: Senior Nutrition, Senior Transportation, Food Pantry and Clothing Closet.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties as assigned)
Volunteer Coordination Duties
- Maintain Volunteer handbooks for each volunteer assignment
- Schedule volunteers to sufficiently staff all programs
- Conduct and/or arrange for volunteer orientation and training
- Maintain complete files for all program volunteers
- Organize and participate in volunteer recognition programs and special events
- Evaluate all aspects of volunteer programs to ensure effectiveness and to recommend/implement changes as appropriate
- Maintain accurate records and provide timely statistical and activity reports
- Provide ongoing support and guidance for volunteers
Senior Nutrition Duties
- Prepare and send daily paperwork and maintain communication with meal provider to ensure appropriate service delivery
- Maintain equipment, storage, preparation and serving areas in a safe, sanitary manner
- Maintain inventory of kitchen supplies
- Maintain required food safety files for volunteers
- Follow all health and safety guidelines
- Schedule appropriate enrichment activities for seniors
Senior Transportation Duties
- Supervise and schedule volunteers to provide rides for seniors
- Provide volunteers and clients with required paperwork and training
- Maintain accurate records of rides provided and mileage reimbursement needed
- Ensure both clients and volunteers follow all policies and procedures of program
Food Pantry Duties
- Provide direct service to clients utilizing food pantry
- Assist clients in completing required paperwork
- Assist with record-keeping, organization and inventory management as needed
Clothing Closet Duties
- Schedule volunteers for all clothing closet shifts
- Monitor donations and schedule volunteers to sort as needed
- Maintain overall organization and cleanliness of clothing closet
- Maintain accurate records of both clients and volunteers
- High school graduate or GED required. College experience preferred.
- Job-related experience required
- Proficient in computer applications, including: word processing, spreadsheets, and email
- Record-keeping skills, planning skills and organizational ability
- Demonstrated capability to conduct one’s self in a calm and professional demeanor when dealing with the public and/or with difficult situations
- Demonstrated capability to effectively communicate orally and in writing
- Proven ability to protect confidentiality of all clients and volunteers
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of staff and volunteers
- Willingness to adjust hours to accommodate the needs of the job
- Ability to effectively manage a wide array of tasks, projects, and responsibilities
- Ability to work productively in an unstructured environment with frequent interruptions
- Ability to stand over 50% of the time
- Ability to lift, load and unload objects weighing up to 40 lbs
- Hours are generally Monday through Friday between 9AM and 4PM or as needed
- Hours need to be flexible; must be available for special events and training
Are you dreaming of spring? It may not feel like it yet, but planting season is just around the corner. This year SELCC is excited to offer a community garden. The first planning session will be Monday, February 26th at 6:00 p.m. at Southeast Linn Community Center. We’d love to have you join us as we begin preparing for this project. The goal is to grow fresh produce for our weekly food pantry and provide space for community members to grow food for themselves. Join us on Monday evening or call with any questions. Let’s see what we can grow together!
After years of waiting, we are finally updating our kitchen! This Saturday, February 10th at 5:00 p.m. we need volunteers to help tear out all of the cabinets and countertops. Please call 455-2844 or send an email if you are available to help.
Our kitchen update is made possible through a grant from the Linn County Fund at the Greater Cedar Rapids Community Foundation, funds from the City of Lisbon, and donated labor/installation from Elite Stone Fabrications.
New cabinets and countertops will be installed starting next week. Additional projects include updating the electrical in the kitchen and replacing the stove. If you have recommendations for an electrician or know of anyone who might want a large commercial stove that needs a few repairs, please let us know.
Annual campaign letters are going out this week to previous donors. If you aren’t on our mailing list and would like to be, please let us know.
Individual donors are our largest single source of support. With significant cuts from United Way, we are counting on our generous local donors to keep our programs thriving.
Please contact us anytime with questions about funding, how our money is used, or how to donate to a specific program.
After the kitchen update is complete we will be painting the community room and entryway. If you have painting experience and are interested in volunteering for this project please let us know!
Food Pantry will be open 9:00-11:00 on Tuesday as usual. However, we want everyone to stay safe during this cold spell. As a reminder, food pantry items are available 9-4 Tuesday-Friday. So please stop in at your convenience or give us a call if you need to make other arrangements. Keep warm!