COVID – 19 Updates
- SELCC is open 9-4 Monday-Friday. Masks are required at all times in the building. Thank you for your help in keeping our vulnerable populations healthy.
You are vital to the success of SELCC. Whether you’re interested in helping out just once, or have time to contribute once a week or once a month, we have a place for you! Your generosity strengthens our community and enables Southeast Linn to fulfill our mission of service. Volunteer Interest Sign-up
Helping With Activities at SELCC – September Volunteer Opportunities
- Pack food orders Mondays from 1:00-3:00.
- Assist clients during Drop-In hours Tuesdays from 9:00-11:00 and Thursdays from 2:30-5:00.
- Kitchen Volunteer for Senior Dining
- Weekdays 10:30-12:00. Sort items for Meals on Wheels drivers. Set and clear table. Serve pre-packaged meals (provided by Horizons) to congregate diners. Light dishwashing and clean-up.
- Call Bingo
- Fridays 10:30-11:30. Stay for lunch afterwards to visit with friends!
- Front Desk
- Answer phones and assist walk-in clients. Mondays and Fridays 9:00-11:00 or as needed.
- Freestyle Clothing Closet
- Assist clients during a Saturday shift. 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month from 10:00-noon.
- Help sort donations as needed.
Helping With Deliveries and Pick-ups – September Pick-up & Delivery Opportunities
- Senior Transportation
- Volunteers drive seniors to appointments locally or in Cedar Rapids or Iowa City. Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance required. Volunteers choose their availability. Mileage is reimbursed through funds from the Heritage Area Agency on Aging.
- Deliver Meals on Wheels
- Weekdays 11:15-12:15. Pick up approximately 8-10 meals at Southeast Linn. Deliver to home-bound seniors in either Lisbon or Mount Vernon. Can help out one time or on a regular schedule.
- Deliver Food Pantry Orders
- Tuesdays at 9:00 and 1:00 and Thursdays at 1:00. Pick up orders at SELCC and deliver to households in Lisbon and Mount Vernon.
- Pick up Food Pantry Supplies
- Pick up from HACAP food reservoir in Hiawatha on Thursdays at 9:30. Truck or large vehicle required.