Pack the Pantry!
Food pantry use is at an all-time high & continues to increase each month. We need your help to PACK THE PANTRY! We’ve partnered with Causeteam to create custom merchandise to support our pantry during the upcoming holiday season. Buy a shirt or tote bag for yourself or a friend and help us feed our neighbors! Shop or donate here.
You are vital to the success of SELCC. Whether you’re interested in helping out just once, or have time to contribute once a week or once a month, we have a place for you! Your generosity strengthens our community and enables Southeast Linn to fulfill our mission of service. Volunteer Interest Sign-up
Helping With Activities at SELCC –
- Pack food orders Mondays from 1:00-3:00.
- Assist clients during Drop-In hours Tuesdays from 9:00-11:00 and Thursdays from 3:00-5:00.
Kitchen Volunteer for Senior Dining
- Weekdays 10:30-11:30. Sort items for Meals on Wheels drivers.
- Answer phones and assist walk-in clients. Mondays and Fridays 9:00-11:00 or as needed.
Freestyle Clothing Closet
- Help sort donations as needed.
Helping With Deliveries and Pick-ups –
- Volunteers drive seniors to appointments locally or in Cedar Rapids or Iowa City. Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance required. Volunteers choose their availability. Mileage is reimbursed through funds from the Heritage Area Agency on Aging.
Deliver Meals on Wheels
- Weekdays 11:15-12:15. Pick up approximately 10-15 meals at Southeast Linn. Deliver to home-bound seniors in either Lisbon or Mount Vernon. Can help out one time or on a regular schedule.
Deliver Food Pantry Orders
- Tuesdays at 9:00 and 1:00 and Thursdays at 1:00. Pick up orders at SELCC and deliver to households in Lisbon and Mount Vernon.
Pick up Food Pantry Supplies
- Pick up from HACAP food reservoir in Hiawatha on Thursdays at 9:00. Truck or large vehicle required.