How to Help
Volunteers are vital to the success of SELCC. Whether you’re interested in helping out just once, or have time to contribute once a week or once a month, we have a place for you!
- Pack food orders Mondays from 1:00-3:00.
- Assist clients during drop-in hours Tuesdays from 8:45-10:45 and 1:30-3:30.
- Unload truck and restock pantry Thursdays 9:30-11:00.
Kitchen Volunteer for Senior Dining
- Monday-Thursday 10:30-11:30. Sort items for Meals on Wheels drivers.
- Fridays 10:30-12:00. Sort items for Meals on Wheels drivers and serve meals in-person to Linn Lunch Bunch.
- Answer phones and assist walk-in clients. Mondays 9:00-11:00 and 11:00-1:00. Thursdays 12:00-1:00 and Fridays 9:00-11:00.
- Drive seniors to appointments locally or in Cedar Rapids or Iowa City. Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance required. Volunteers choose their availability. Mileage is reimbursed through funds from the Heritage Area Agency on Aging.
Deliver Meals on Wheels
- Weekdays 11:15-12:15. Pick up approximately 10-15 meals at Southeast Linn. Deliver to homebound seniors in either Lisbon or Mount Vernon.
Deliver Food Pantry Orders
- Tuesdays at 9:00 and 1:00 and Thursdays at 1:00. Pick up orders at SELCC and deliver to households in Lisbon and Mount Vernon.
Pick up Food Pantry Supplies
- Pick up from HACAP food reservoir in Hiawatha on Thursdays at 9:00. Truck or large vehicle required.
Maybe You Have a Special Skill to Contribute
Let us know what special talent or skill you’d like to share. Examples; photography, maintenance work, building repairs, event planning, etc.
You must be logged in to post a comment.